I made this for my husband for lunch on Monday (I added chicken) and he really liked it! He even sent me a text from work thanking me for making him lunch and that it was delicious.
My man is really sweet.
So here’s the recipe! Get ready, this will change your life…
Amazing Greek Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- A generous squeeze of Dijon mustard (or 1/2 tsp. mustard powder)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (or half each of basil and oregano)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
(All of the amounts are approximate. Just do it by feel, whatever looks right.)
- 1 English Cucumber
- Tomatoes (The number totally depends on the type: Large, Roma, Cherry, Grape. My personal fave are the little red or yellow sunburst tomatoes.)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper (Green is fine, too, but I like to make my salad really colorful!)
- Pitted green deli olives, like Kalamata (Fresh are better than canned!)
- Feta cheese
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Dice all veggies into nice little bite-size pieces, then put them in a bowl.
- Add feta cheese, enough to mix well throughout the salad. Be generous!
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well, and enjoy!
This post shared at Real Food Wednesday.
Do you love greek salad as much as I do? What is your favorite salad recipe? Share below!